Thursday 13 October 2011

[CPD23] Thing 23: Reflection - What next?

I've been putting off writing this post, partly because I don't have much time but also because then it will be over, and what will I write about when I don't have CPD23 people telling me what to blog?!

To be a master...
Photo by .noir photographer on Flickr
But of course, like most librarians I am a completist, and so I simply must write this last CPD23 post. I've never kept a Professional Development Plan before, and like the CV database I think it's a really good idea, and definitely something to have to hand when applying for a new job. I've copied Niamh's template and started to fill it in. I hope that doing a one year Masters degree will focus my energy into completing several goals this year. Well I hope I can complete number 1 on the PDP list, which is simply BECOME A MASTER! Another thing I want to accomplish this year which is already in motion is to get some committee experience, and last night I went to my second Cambridge Library Group committee meeting. Assuming I get nominated and seconded in absentia at next week's AGM (and you know what they say about assume...) I'll be editor of the group's newsletter, so that will be a good experience to put on the ol' CV. There are a couple of other things on my newly formed PDP that I hope to achieve this year (and have just thought of another as I'm writing this) so we'll just have to wait and see how productive I end up being!

And finally, my 6 word story. Ooh this is tough! How about: "Made me think, engage, try, reflect", or perhaps simply "Wish it didn't have to end..."

4 comments:

  1. "Carry on blogging on career development"

    Best wishes for the future
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I will certainly nominate or second you as 'Reflections' editor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe thanks Chris! Suzan - I'll certainly carry on blogging, though perhaps not at such a breakneck speed in future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What will we talk about next week?? I think we'll find something that will make our creative juices want to write something!

    I like both your 6-word stories!

    ReplyDelete