Monday 11 July 2011

[CPD23] Thing 5: Reflective Practice

Reflective thinking or reflective writing is something I've not had any instruction or workshops on. When I am writing for my blog I have quite often rattled off a blog post about an event I've been to or a library I've visited, hit publish and then wished I'd said less about the "what" I did and more about the "so what" and the "now what". Sometimes I do good, but I think my reflective writing is pretty fragmented.
By arielp on Flickr
As I've said before, I see CPD23 as a really good opportunity to remedy this, and improve my reflective writing. I don't think I've been all that successful so far, as planning a house move and getting Cam23 2.0 up and running have meant I've not had as much time as I'd have liked for blogging, and I end up like I am tonight, dashing off several posts in one evening in a desperate bid to catch up with CPD23 and Cam23 2.0! I'm going to try my best not to get too far behind, as the reflective part of the exercise is sure to suffer if I do.

However I'm really enjoying taking part in the programme so far, and have read some great new blogs. The Thing I've found the most useful so far was considering my personal brand. It's things like that which I often need a little kick up the bum to make me sit and think about properly, and CPD23 has been just that kick!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps when things have calmed down a little (in 2 or so years time) you can go back and expand on posts. Think of your blogs as a work in progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Hadn't thought of them that way.

    ReplyDelete